During reading time I decided to take Jonah to the library to do some CD Rom reading games. We were working on the computer when the lights flashed off and on. Electricity is frequently shut off, so we didn’t think anything of it. I looked up at the shelves that house 3 large voltage regulators. The top regulator looked like it had flames inside, but it’s housed in a covering so it was hard to tell. I called out to Mary about the regulator. She and I both in disbelief watched as it became obvious it was on fire. Mary ran out the door to cut off all power to the building and I frantically searched for a fire extinguisher. I found an extinguisher mounted to the wall; removed it, then it had a zip tie on it, so I searched for scissors and cut the zip tie. Next it was time to remove the pin and start extinguishing. I’ve never used a fire extinguisher before and just aimed and started. I never knew it comes puffing back in your face. Mary came back in grabbed the fire extinguisher and mounted a tall chair and fought the fire from up higher. After the fire was extinguished, I kept thinking of the song Pass It On (it only takes a spark, to get a fire going). I’m thankful that Jonah & I were working in the library or otherwise it would’ve been discovered later in the burning process. I’m thankful it didn’t happen at night because it would’ve destroyed the library and the school. I’m thankful no one was hurt and the fire was extinguished quickly.