We received the 6 action packers we took to North Carolina in July 2009 to be shipped to Cameroon. It was exciting to go through all the things we packed. You might be wondering, what we decided to pack to send to Yaoundé; the list is below.
- 1 full action packer full of homeschooling materials (workbooks, books, learning games, flashcards, etc..)
- Bible Studies, books, Bibles, Journals
- Board games, children’s books, first aid kit, extra first aid bandages, some tools (hammer, screw drivers, saw, utility knife), outdoor games, matchbox type cars
- Twin sheets, queen sheets, cloth napkins, pillowcases, bath towels, washcloths, hand towels, pillows
- Clothing: clothes the boys will grow into, necessary undergarments for the whole family, socks, shoes the boys will grow into, pajamas
- Ziploc storage bags, Ziploc storage containers, our dishes that we had in the States, birthday cards, feminine hygiene products, medical items (vitamins, pain relievers, intestinal care)
Now you have it, that’s what we packed, stored in North Carolina and had sent to us here. It was a delayed Christmas present that came on the very slow boat from the USA to Cameroon! Many thanks to JAARS shipping for all the hard work they do in helping missionaries around the world!
I’m glad you have your tools now, given all of the special tasks you are being asked to perform. We thank God for you every day, and know He meets your every need.
I’m sure it was a sensory treat to see familiar items, and touch & hold things that are your own. Remember that even Paul asked his friends to bring his cloak, the books, but especially the parchments. [2 Tim 4:13] Love you all!