Fresh tropical fruit (super sweet bananas, mangoes, pineapples, papaya, avocado)
- Free coconuts on the tree in the front yard.
- It’s always summer weather with consistent temperatures and daylight hours.
- Smiles and excitement of children running up to us to shake our hands on the roads.
- Slower pace without getting upset or in a rush.
- Seeing the children on the road creations (cars made of trash complete with bamboo steering wheels or kites made of bamboo and plastic bags)
- The many smiling greetings complete with conversations about families.
- Parents vs. Kids soccer matches.
- Sophie and her amazing faith in the Lord.
- The boys playing outside, climbing trees and making mud clay creations.
- The many hospitality opportunities.
- Our cat, Fluffy who follows us around like a puppy.
- Open pharmacy.
- Awesome rain storms.
- Lush rainforest.
- The faith of the Cameroonians constantly challenging us.
- Cameroonian worship time with the drums.
- Nothing is wasted.
- Watching God provide for all our needs and allowing us to help Cameroonians with their needs.
- Continual reminder that life functions just fine without constant electricity.
- Foam shoes are sold off a cart on the road (these are some of the only shoes the boys will wear).
- Free coconuts from the front yard, free guava from the back yard and free mangoes from the neighbors yard.
- CAM car races (pinewood derby that happens annually within the mission community).
This entry was posted in Cameroon
and tagged Cameroon
. Bookmark the permalink