Royals Flashback Friday

I grew up with the Royals.  My Mom is a big fan and would listen to the games on the radio.  She also jumped at any chance to go to the stadium to watch a game.  I remember her playing a trivia game on the radio to win tickets to a Royals game (pictured below Mom, Denise and I picking up the tickets Mom won on the radio).  Opening day was a big deal and we would know when that day was.  Today is the opening day of the Royals at home.

radio kc tix

When David and I started dating, he was introduced to the Royals and how much all of us enjoyed going to the stadium.  While I was working at the Hyatt, I helped with the dinner and party of George Brett’s induction into the Baseball Hall of Fame.  I’ll admit, I miss going to the game, being part of the excitement, smelling the food smells, hearing the vendors yell out what they are selling, etc…  David purchased a Royals, button up shirt many years ago.  Every year on opening day he wears this shirt.

Royals shirt

Advertisements
This entry was posted in home and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to Royals Flashback Friday

1. Pop-pop says:

Go Royals! And of course for me Go REDS!

2. Barbara says:

Looking good, David! You are, most likely, the only person in Cameroon sporting a Royals shirt. If nothing else, it is a great conversation starter.

3. Denise says:

We love the Royals! At least that’s what Mom would yell every time they played. What wonderful memories! I love you & miss you sister! I am so sorry I missed your call yesterday! I answered but nothing came through.

4. Mark says:

How very cool that you all are thinking about the Royals today just like i am. First pitch is in 1 and a half hours, but I’m glad in some ways to not be there. It may not even get to 50° today. Nice royals shirt David. Je ne sais quoi… “Loud”. Great not only to be able to see the shirt but to hear it too. 🙂

5. MawMaw says:

Fun memories, DeAnna! Great way to show team support from half way around the world, David. The Royals won their home opener this chilly day today against the White Sox. Let’s plan on going to a game in 2015 to pass the fun on for the boys.

6. Laura says:

That shirt is AWESOME David! When you tire of wearing it, I could see Mark sporting that shirt proudly 🙂